Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Our *First* Christmas as a Family of Three!


So I realize that I have not blogged in a VERY long time but one of my goals for 2012 is to keep up with our family blog on a consistent basis. My first blog for the 2012 year is going to be about a very special day for our family... Our very first Christmas together as a family of three! Last year Issac was in Afghanistan for seven months causing him to miss out on all of the holidays. Having a spouse deployed during the holidays is always a rough thing to go through and it is something that never gets any easier. Having a spouse deploy when you have a new baby intensifies this. Last year was quite sad... Waking up on Christmas morning unable to share your child's first holiday makes for a bitter sweet moment. Seeing your child experience the magic of Christmas is amazing and I will never forget that morning. While I was overjoyed to be able to share the day with my beautiful daughter, I was also very sad because Issac was unable to share this experience with us. While we were pregnant with Emma we used to talk about how amazing those first holidays were going to be, how we were going to celebrate, and what traditions we were going to create. Last years holiday season was difficult and often sad because we were unable to fulfill those dreams why is why this year we decided to put our all into our very first Christmas as a family of three! It was easily the best holiday season of our lives! Nothing on this earth can compare to seeing the magic in your child's eyes when the come down the stairs on Christmas morning.

Below are a handful of family photos from Christmas morning.
"Santa" putting Emma's pink ATV together


Who knew you needed this many tools for an ATV that was practically assembled right out of the box!
Coming down the stairs on Christmas morning
Okay so I love this... Emma loves her "1-2-3" Singing Potty and will often drag it out to the living room and sit on it like a chair. Since she so badly wanted to have a chair of her own, Issac and I decided that a chair and ottoman was a must! For those of you who know me are aware that I am completely OCD when it comes to my house. I absolutely love interior design and am extremely picky when it comes to furniture. Everything must match perfectly and everything needs to be well made because poorly made furniture does not last as long nor does it look as good. I must have spent 3-4 weeks trying to find the perfect chair and ottoman set for Miss Emma. Finally I came across this piece and knew I had to have it! It was marked at $145 on Amazon but I was able to find it on overstock.com for only $85 which included tax and shipping. A major bargain that I was extremely excited to have scored!
First thing she saw when she came down the stairs
And she found her very favorite treat- m&m's minis!!!
Hot pink Sketchers that light up on the toes and on the sides of each shoe. Grandaddy did a great job with these! She absolutely loves wearing them and thinks it is so exciting to stomp her feet in order to get them to light up.
Someone had fun opening presents!
Daddy opening his first gift...
Issac and I had an agreement NOT to go overboard on gifts for each other this year so I wasn't expecting anything over a few hundred dollars.
I opened the package and saw the word "Toshiba" and immediately realized that he had gone overboard!
The dell lap top that I had been using was a terrible computer with so many issues. Since I own and run a business that sells on a national and international level via my online store, a computer that works properly is extremely important. It was such a sweet and thoughtful gift. He mentioned getting me a new computer back in November and I told them that it was not a priority and that it should wait a little while. Imagine my surprise when I opened up my lap top!
Daddy testing out his racquetball glove.
Weebles!!! We now own the turn and tumble home and tree house. Next on our list is the park!
She loves her magna-doodle.
Thank you for the scarf and hat! My Daddy rules!
Issac's Adidas Adipure Shoes from Yours Truly. He looks so handsome in them :)
Nice!
One of Emma's favorite books is "Goodnight Moon" which is part of a three piece set. The other two books are "My World" and "The Run Away Bunny" which she now owns thanks to her wonderful Daddy.
He was very surprised (and excited) when he opened his last gift from me- A racquetball racket!
After a lovely morning of opening gifts and playing with new toys we decided to take Emma out so that she could take her ATV for a spin. Unfortunately she had other plans and decided that running up and down the block was a better idea. Oh well, she looked cute doing it and definitely had fun!
Someone had ZERO interest in coming inside.
What a beautiful Christmas! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment