Saturday, April 16, 2011

Our Little Picaso

This past week has been filled with absolutely beautiful weather! Thursday afternoon was by far the nicest day of the year thus far. It was sunny and warm with a light breeze. Everyone was out and about in the neighborhood, walking, playing, and spending time together as a family. Issac was still at work so like most days, it was just the princess and myself. Since it was so beautiful outside I decided that doing something special with Emma was a must. She is a few weeks away from being a year old so I was unsure as to how well something like coloring or painting would go over. A lot of small children do not understand the concept of coloring nor do they have the attention span to do so which is why I had yet to attempt any art projects with Emma up until this point. When I first took her outside the only thing she was interested in were the blank sheets of paper. Once I squeezed a small amount of each color and then proceeded to show her what to do with the paint, she was hooked and dug right in! She spent about 30 minutes painting and created three serious masterpieces. On top of the three paintings she also painted our walkway, the edges of the flower beds, herself, and my right hand. Thankfully the paint we used was non-toxic and washable because she got it EVERYWHERE! When Issac arrived home that evening he was greeted by little red, white, and blue hand and foot prints covering our walkway up to the house. The little foot prints are just entirely too cute to remove so neither Issac or myself had the heart to do so. Our little Picaso's artwork will just have to remain intact until the rain comes along and washes it away. I hope you had a wonderful day my precious little Picaso!

No comments:

Post a Comment